Saturday, May 11, 2013

Renaissance Hotel, Kota Bharu's Dim Sum Buffet is not a good choice for breakfast

It's Mother's Day tomorrow but in this land of Che Siti Wan Kembang, Sunday is a working day. So, we decided to celebrate it in Dynasty Restaurant, Renaissance Hotel, Kota Bharu yesterday. The place opens on for dim sum buffet every Friday and public holidays.

Sleepy Jacob
It had been 10 years since we last tried the buffet. It used to be a nice place to spend the morning. The dim sum dishes were prepared when we ordered them. And they reached our table piping hot.

We saw a row of already-prepared food on the banquet table and racks of dim sum at the side. Without much asking, we were seated and ready to be surprised. 

We were totally dissappointed with the food.

The first round of food
I took some baby octopus and cold prawn. They didn't taste fresh. Probably from the buffet leftover from other restaurant.


I bite into crispy prawn with some mayo and I agreed with Wife that even the mayo taste a bit weird.


I took some of their best dim sum.

I did mention the best dim sum, didn't I?
 Total disappointment.

I was taken aback when I saw Darrien put on his best behavior. He ate his porridge without being nagged on.

He had grown up much. I don't have to worry about him much anymore. Gone were days when I would be angry and constantly asked him to behave himself. I don't have to keep looking at him, worrying him that he might wander off far.

Oh! yes. He never go to any place without his Spiderman bag.
These day,s Darrien starts to say many things that never fail to put smiles on our faces.

Darrien says the funniest things #1 Baby shouts

In the car,

Darrien: Why baby Jacob shout(s)?

Mummy: Ask him.

Darrien: No.. Baby Jacob have no teeth. He cannot talk.

#2 Win

My parents visited us the week before election.

Kung Kung: Who win? BN or PAS?

Darrien: Parrot have wings. Parrot can fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment