Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I learn 5 random lessons

1. Avoiding predictable accident

Never leave baby's leg hanging outside the baby swing.


In matter of seconds, the whole legs are visible if the baby is agitated. And he'll turn left and right repeatedly; roll over and boom! He'll fall off and knock his head onto the floor. After many months, only I realized the reason Wife put a small mattress beneath the swing.


2. Pahang King durian is a no-no

Earlier of the month, we passed by a large truck with big "Musang King" words on the vehicle's head. We're delighted but our grins were short lived. No Musang King durians but Pahang King durians instead. RM20/kg if I remember it correctly.  We bought one though  the sellers were persistent on getting us to buy more. As we reached home and had the durian opened eagerly, we took a hopeful bite. What a letdown. Never had we tried a smell-less durian. We could only taste sugarly sweet. Very sweet like refined white sugar. The yellow, so-inviting flesh was so disappointing.

So, yeah. Maybe we happened to get a bad durian. Maybe we were unlucky one. One thing for sure, we're not going to buy a Pahang King durian anymore. Just pass us the Musang King anytime.


3. Overdrink herbal drink can be bad for health

to me at least. I brewed some liang cha and drank probably 10 to 15 glasses (300ml each) in a day. And another 5 glasses the next day. The cooling tea ingredients were slightly different than the one that I normally brewed. There was some slight sourish taste in it. Probably some citrus skin.


Or maybe the ovalish brown stuff. Or rectangular thin paper like herb. Or those parsley like dried leaves.


I was down with sore throat for days. And at a time, I had fever while I recovered after taking one gram of paracetamol. I'm still nursing my sore throat. Yellowish phlegm had developed. I am coughing every now and then. Fatigue overcomes me. The whole body is aching. 

4. 8-month baby does show his sense of jealousy.

Darrien went outside to ride on his old tricycle and it arouses curiosity from his younger brother. As I closed the door, he held on to the railings. Held himself up. In standing position. And shouted hard to his brother. And made trembling movements with his jaws.


He was jealous for Darrien's freedom and he's locked inside the house.

Sad for not being able to go out and play with his brother
 5. Good stuff never come cheap

Manuka honey is the best remedy for my sore throat. Not any fancy sweet or syrup for that matter. But at Rm23 per 340g, it's worth every drop.


For RM20.20 per 400g, NAN AL110 non lactose milk is currently the only remedy to cure Jacob's diarrhea. 


 For RM45 per kg, Korean strawberries are supposedly sweet and flavourful. Probably the way these berries are transferred to Kelantan, the Billion bought Korean strawberries are sourish with a little sweet taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment