Sunday, April 21, 2013

Star Garden

I had stayed in at least ten rented houses in my life and I stayed the longest period in Star Garden, Kuching. A duration of 18 months.


It brings many nostalgic moments to my life. It's the place where I started work as a stay at home Dad. The place where I shed tears, blood and laughter.

Once, I went outside of the house to bring in the laundry as the strong wind was blowing. And alas, the door slammed hard. Locking me outside and my sleeping boy Darrien inside the house. Panic came to me as I searched for whatever tools to open the door through the windows. The door knob is British made in such a way that it can only be opened from inside. Darrien woke up soon after and I tried to coax him to open the door. He was too young then. He was puzzled and started to cry. He peed on the floor. I tried to pacify him. Saying it's alright and I'll clean up the mess. He flipped  his books. He tried to turn the door knob but to no avail. Thank God, Wife came back not long after to save the day.

Messy corridor as we're prepared to move away



It's a single storey semi detached brick house with wooden floor. A perfect place for a young family. God has been kind to us all the time to give us the house to stay in for our stay in Kuching.

There were three rooms of which we stayed in master room, one guest room and another as a store room.

The corridor which separated the rooms was a place where I used to hold Darrien tightly and gallop like a horse all the way into the kitchen. The boy will be laughing happily and asked for more rides. And the faster I ran, the louder his laughs.




The kitchen room probably used to be a guest room. The previous tenant converted the place to a cooking area.



Of course the living room. Not a very large area but enough to put a sofa bed, large book rack, comfortable place for Darrien to play and had his nap in.

A young Darrien when we just moved to Kuching

No comments:

Post a Comment