Thursday, January 31, 2013

How to change disposable diaper

Do husbands change diapers these days? If I were a Daddy twenty or thirty years ago, it would be a joke. In our society at least. But it will be a disaster should a husband doesn't know how to change diapers today!

I do change diapers. Lots of them. More than thousand times. I would not say that it's a dirty job. Baby less than one year old who drink breast milk or cow's milk, how bad the poop can be?

Jacob poop every day. Sometimes, before his evening bath or after his morning bath. Right after his morning feed.

When the 'smell' comes, the first thing that I look for, will be the wet wipe. I'm not that systematic and things are left around here and there. Pull out three pieces of the wipes from its packet. It's sufficient and at RM0.05 a piece, it's good to be frugal.

Alcohol free to prevent dryness
I normally put his chest resting on my arm, so that his back is facing me. His legs seem like standing on the floor but actually his weight is on my arm. Normally, I don't lay him down to avoid his poop spilling out from the diaper. Untape the diaper and remove it.



This is the most messy part. I'll take a wet wipe and clean as much as possible. Leave no stains behind.

Take another wet wipe and wipe the back thoroughly and the anus.


With the back cleaned, I lay the baby down. Starting from genitalia towards area between skin folds, make sure no yellow stain is left unwiped.


Well, that's about it. The last part will be putting on a new diaper. Simple but needs some practices. A friend of mine lamented that he could change a diaper in a minute. The fastest I can do probably 5 minutes. I wonder how he can manage so fast?

No comments:

Post a Comment